4 April 2006: Children of Blessed Gérard's Children's Home making soap bubbles
5 April 2006: First National Bank Mandeni presented donations to us.
5 April 2006: Therapeutic Counsellor Wiseman Zulu visits HAART patients at home (like every day)
6 April 2006: SABC1 films at Blessed Gérard's Care Centre for a report of "Spirit in Action" for the programme "Spirit Sundae"
6 April 2006: Children from Blessed Gérard's Children's Home made a cardboard castle and present it to Aunty Clare. (last picture of Clare Kalkwarf ) See Clare Kalkwarf's last picture
6 April 2006: Dedicated Members' Meeting of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard
6 April 2006: Our co-founder and vice-president Mrs Clare Kalkwarf was murdered at 23:02 at her home in Mandeni.
Interview of Radio Veritas with Father Gérard about the murder of Clare Kalkwarf
10 April 2006: First Confession
13 April 2006: Holy Thursday Celebration with First Holy Communion at Blessed Gérard's Church
15 April 2006: We start digging the grave for Clare Kalkwarf in the presence of her son Leon and her brother Graham Sprake and his wife Sue.
15 April 2006: Easter Vigil Service with Baptism at Blessed Gérard's Church with baptism of Mxolisi, Mpilwenhle, Siyabonga, Nthuthuko and Nothando from Blessed Gérard's Children's Home.
18 April 2006: Funeral Service for Clare Kalkwarf at Blessed Gérard's Care Centre
19 April 2006: Visit of Archbishop Ludwig Schick of Bamberg / Germany, Auxiliary Bishop Mathias König of Paderborn / Germany, Mr Ralph Poirel, secretary of the German Bishops' Conference and Mr Ulrich Pörner
19 April 2006: The Kalkwarf family plants a tree next to Clare Kalkwarf's grave - in the presence of the children of Blessed Gérard's Children's Home - as she had wished in a codicil to her last will and testament.
20 April 2006: Extraordinary Meeting of the Council of the Dedicated Members:
- Dr Paul Zakhele Titus Thabethe was elected as the new Vice-President of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard.
- Father Gérard was elected as the new Administrator of Goods of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard.
- It was decided to invite Rev. Father Siphosenkosi Titus, Miss Susanne Stauffer and Rev. Deacon Thomas Müller to apply to be accepted as candidates for the Dedicated Membership in the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard. Due to the special circumstances it was decided that the three candidates could already act as Dedicated Members during their candidacy.
- It was decided that the free position in the Management Committee of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard and of Blessed Gérard’s Care Centre will only be reassigned later when a suitable person will be found to fill the position. Meanwhile Fr. Gérard agreed to carry the managerial burden on his own with the help of the existing office staff.
- It was decided that
- Miss Susanne Stauffer should become the project co-ordinator of Blessed Gérard’s Children’s Home.
- Father Gérard should become the project co-ordinator of Blessed Gérard’s Community Development Centre, Blessed Gérard’s Bursary Fund, Blessed Gérard’s Poor Sick Fund and Blessed Gérard’s Relief Fund.
21 April 2006: Caroline Beaumont presented us her grandson
21 - 29 April 2006: Susanne Stauffer goes on home leave
26 April 2006: Dedicated Members' Meeting
27 April 2006: Children from Blessed Gérard's Children's Home washing their minibus
27 April 2006: Birthday Celebration for Deacon Müller
28 April - 4 May 2006: Lourdes Pilgrimage of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta. Father Gérard had to cancel his participation, as he had to stay at home due to his indispensability at the moment.
29 April 2006: "Viva la musica" at Blessed Gérard's Children's Home
29 - 30 April 2006: Sr. Sheilagh Schröder and Father Gérard attend the Conference and AGM of the Catholic Health Carers' Association CATHCA and are presented the membership certificate of Blessed Gérard's Care Centre.
This page is part of the Newsletter No. 26 of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard
Back to the homepage of the Brotherhood of Blessed
This page was last updated on Monday, 01 April 2013 23:33:11