Why we help ...
- Because there is a big need for every helping hand in our area.
- Because we are convinced, that everybody should not just demand help, but offer it.
- Because we believe, whatsoever we do to the least of our brothers, that we do unto God (Mt 25.40).
- Because we want to extend God's loving care to those in need as instruments of God's love.
- Because we are overwhelmed by Christ's love (2 Cor 5.14) which is our mission (Joh 20.21).
- We feel especially obliged to what the Rule of St. Benedict says in chapter 36:
"Care of the sick must rank above and before all else, so that they may truly be served as Christ, for he said:
I was sick and you visited me (Matt 25:36), and,
What you did for one of these least brothers you did for me (Matt 25:40).
Let the sick on their part bear in mind that they are served out of honour of God."
- We see our mission as a fulfillment of Christ's command:
"He sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick." (Luke 9:2)
- We see our work as part of the fulfillment of Blessed Gérard's prophecy:
"Our brotherhood will be everlasting,
because the ground which this plant is rooted in, is the misery of the world - and
because, God willing, there will always be people, which want to work
towards the alleviation of these sufferings and
making this misery more bearable." (Blessed Gérard Tonque)
Back to the homepage of the Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard
Page last modified on Tuesday, 15 January 2013 12:50:12