The Brotherhood of Blessed Gérard is a
Catholic Relief Organisation
based in Mandeni at the North Coast of KZN.
more than 2000 members and the 75 employees of
Blessed Gérard's Care Centre
we run a
children’s home, a hospice (including an
HIV Education and an
AIDS treatment programme), a
pre-primary school, a
malnutrition clinic, a
first aid service, a
disaster relief project, a
bursary fund, a
poor sick fund, a
relief fund and a
social club for the elderly.
We are no
business enterprise, but a charity providing a free service to all, financed
entirely through fundraising.
depend entirely on donations we need a very successful
for Blessed Gérard's Care Centre.
The ideal candidate will
Have experience in successful fund-raising in the NPO Sector.
Be adaptable and dedicated.
Take a personal interest and identify him/herself with the mission and
vision and goals of our organisation.
Please post your
employment application and
your CV to
Director · Blessed Gérard's Care Centre · P O Box 440, Mandeni 4490
e-mail it to fatherbbg.org.za
or fax it to 086 6938940
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The position is available immediately.
This is Blessed Gérard's Care Centre in Mandeni
View Larger Map
Geography of Mandeni:
- part of the Ilembe District (capital: Stanger / kwaDukuza),
- on the banks of the Tugela River
- 10 kms off an excellent highway (the N2),
- 15 kms inland from the Indian Ocean,
- 25 kms away from a beautiful swimming beach at Zinkwazi,
- 35 kms north of Stanger,
- 50 kms north of Ballito,
- 80 km south of Empangeni,
- 100 kms south of Richards Bay,
- 100 kms north of Durban - just one hour drive.
- The population consists of
- a majority Zulu speaking people living in rural, semirural and
- a small settlement of Indians,
- a fairly large settlement of coloured people and
- a minority of English and Afrikaans speaking people.
- We have a population in our catchment area of approximately 250,000
- Sundumbili Township has about 100,000 inhabitants
- The suburb of Mandini only has 8,000 inhabitants.
Blessed Gérard’s Care Centre is situated in this very pretty subtropical
- a preschool, junior school and a high school,
- a technical college,
- a sports club which boasts golf, squash, swimming pool, bowls, cricket
- several soccer clubs,
- a nice new guest house and restaurant,
- a shopping centre which has a Spar shop, FNB bank, a florist, a pharmacy
and liquor store and a Post Office.
- Within 5 minutes drive there are several other shops e.g. Shoprite,
Savells and a big Hyperspar and also a Standard Bank.
Back to the homepage of the Brotherhood of Blessed
This page was last updated on
Tuesday, 15 January 2013 12:50:22